Monday, January 23, 2012

Sopa del Taco (Taco Soup) - Crockpot Style

Hey Y'all!

For Christmas I bought myself a fantastic new cookbook. It is part of the "Fix It and Forget It" cookbook line. This was more of a magazine than a book, but it is jam packed with yummy recipes. This is one of them. Talk about easy. Talk about yummy.




To make Taco Soup you will need:


1 packet of Ranch Dressing mix
1 packet of Taco Seasoning mix
1 15 oz. can of  red kidney beans, undrained
1 15oz. can of black beans, undrained
1 15 oz can of corn, undrained  (I had white in my pantry, but you can use regular too!)
1 28 oz cans of CRUSHED tomatoes, undrained
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound of ground beef

Now. Stay tuned. This is hard.

Brown the beef. Drain fat and add to slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients. Do NOT drain any of the cans. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.






 Garnish with cilantro and sour cream if you would like to. I added some shredded cheddar cheese to mine. Enjoy. Yummy in your tummy!!!! This also freezes very well. I took it for lunch all last week!
This makes about 8 servings.

Happy Crockpotin'!
:0) JKP

No comments: