Sunday, January 22, 2012

Have a Heart!

Hey Y'all!

Well, if you follow me on Twitter, you have seen that I am having some health issues right now. Last Monday, I did something to add to my "Step Out of the Box" list for 2012. I went to a new doctor. That is a hard one for me because I HAVE SO MANY ISSUES! :) I have Crohn's Disease and I also have other ailments because I have an autoimmune disease. I am generally a healthy person and occasionally get a cold or sinus infection. It seems that as long as my Crohn's is in check, I am fine.

 But. Something is going on with me and has been going on since the second weekend of November. I have been having these really bad heart palpation episodes that really freak me out. The first time I thought it was an anxiety attack, but I have had several more since then. This past week I have had two. Luckily, one of them was during my Dr's appointment last Monday. I think I made an interesting impression. After being in the office for 5 minutes, I was hooked up to an EKG machine because my heart was beating fast. I haven't made a trip to the hospital yet because I am not having any chest pain, just a very rapid heartbeat that feels like it is going to beat out of my chest! My new doc took tons of blood and knowing me, there is no telling what this is. Hopefully, it is some sort of anxiety, but I get to find out on Tuesday. I am just ready for this to be over. Lack of sleep is not fun! Most of these events happen at night, but I had one Wednesday night into Thursday that freaked me out. So until I get word that everything is OK, I think I have to skip Zumba. Sob!

So that is where I have been and what has been going on. I know. Crazy. Right?

This past weekend I took a knitting class at the Knit and Purl. I had a great time and learned a new technique for my knitting too! I am working on a precious striped baby hat that I can't wait to finish up. I have been so tired because of what is going on, that when I get tired, I sleep! So knitting has been on the back burner lately.

Well, I just wanted to pop on and say hi! I am writing up a recipe that will post tomorrow. I think you are really going to like it!
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: