Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cough, Cough, Blow, Blow.... Knit, Knit!

Hey Y'all!

ACHOOO. I have picked up a nasty cold from my munchkins. These past two days have not been fun! This morning I am feeling much better. But, let's face it, when you go bed at 8 pm for three nights in a row, you have to have some improvement! There's so much sickness going around that I only had 16 kids at school yesterday. And. We still have two more days until we get out for Christmas Break!

My knitting needles have been on fire. :) I had a baby sweater set that I had been commissioned to do for a friend at school. She and her family are BIG Ohio State fans, so my instructions were to do a sweater set with an Ohio State theme. This is what I came up with!


The pattern is Bitty Bump by Gina Bonomo. It is so cute!




Sorry my photography skills aren't  that great! You probably would never know that my Granddaddy is an awesome photographer!

The hat is just a simple pattern... I casted on 44 stitches did 4 rows of knit 2, purl 2 rib, then stockinette until the hat measured 4 inches. Then I did decreases and knit and icord top to knot. I wasn't exactly sure how big the baby's head (well one year old) was, so I mad the hat big! But knotting the top will make it adjustable. I used Lion Brand's Hometown USA yarn in the colorway of Cincinnati. I like this yarn. It is bulky and washable. I had some yarn left over, so I am knitting up a scarf for my Granddaddy. Let's hope I get it done by tomorrow, because we are having our Very Thomy Christmas tomorrow!

I still have a cowl to finish up for my Grandmother and some fingerless gloves to knit up for family members and friends. My only deadline right now is finishing up my Granddaddy's scarf!

So, do you have all of your Christmas shopping done? I am finished, I didn't have a lot to buy. For my friends at school I baked mini loaves of Friendship Bread and gave them some coffee. We have a big goodie exchange at school on Monday, so I have to get ready for that. You guys are going to love this recipe. Not only is it yummy, but it is quick and great for last minute prezzies!

Well, let me run. I have a few errands to run this morning and then I need to get KNITTING!!!!!

Tootles,
JKP

No comments: