Thursday, December 22, 2011

She's a Knitting Maniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Y'all!

'Tis the season for last minute gifts. I realized yesterday afternoon that I was getting my hair cut and highlighted today and I didn't have a thing for my hair dresser. Trust me folks. That is one person you HAVE to bring a gift to at Christmas time. And. I love the way Tiffany does my hair, so I knew I had to resort to a quick knit!

About a month ago, I was on Ravelry and came across a quick and easy fingerless glove pattern that was actually posted on You Tube. Go figure. But, it was made with bulky yarn and size 9 needles, so I was game.

I used Lion Brand's Tweed Stripes to knit a "test" pair and they came out very cute. Although, let me say, that you have to hack this yarn to pieces to get it to stripe properly so that both gloves will match.

Here's the fist pair I knitted up. They will be going in my Mom's Christmas stocking! Hi Mom! She knows this. She tried to steal them at Thanksgiving! :)


So, I rooted around in my ever growing yarn basket and found out that I had another skein of Tweed Stripes in the Prism colorway, so I casted on for a pair of quick knit gloves to take as a gift today.
I did modify the pattern a bit. Instead of casting on 24 stitches like the pattern calls for, I casted on 28. I then knit 18 rows of 2x2 rib, 14 rows of stockinette stitch, and then 6 rows of 2x2 rib. I casted off and sewed the sides, leaving a space for the thumb.

Here's the finished pair.




I literally casted on at 4:00 this afternoon and was sewing these puppies up at 6:30. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

If you want to make your own pair, check out the You Tube video below. It walks you through step by step!



Happy Knitting!
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: