Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beachcombers.. Part 2

Hey Y'all!

I hope that each one of you had a wonderful Christmas holiday! We are still enjoying our holiday decorations, I just can't find the heart to take them down! Although, I think my live tree will have to come down tomorrow. It is VERY dry. I am nervous about the lights on it. But, I plan on leaving up my cupcake tree and other artificial tree for a while. I just love the lights!

Today started out gloomy, doomy and rainy. I met my Uncle Richard and Aunt Brenda for lunch and then came home to settle in for a nap. When I woke up from my nap, this is what I saw. LAZY!


Luckily, the sun had just made an appearance. I grabbed Pitty Pat's leash, Mitzi Mazda's keys and we hit the road. I felt a beach walk coming on!

Today was a little cool, but Pitty Pat had his fur and I had on a fleece jacket. I was quite toasty and Pitty Pat had a ball!

Things we saw on our walk today:
1. A WEDDING! I didn't want to take a picture, but Pitty Pat and I were witnesses. It was very sweet! Pitty Pat even sat through the 10 minute service!

2. A TREASURE HUNTER! I hope that he finds something good!


3. A FEATHER. It was cool. Pitty Pat chased it down the beach!


4. The beach was really flat today. Almost like another planet. This picture makes me think of Pitty Pat on the moon. "HOUSTON... WE HAVE A CANINE!!!!!"



I have really enjoyed these walks we have been taking. After our time on the beach today, I noticed that every part of me was warm, but my ears! On the way home I thought.. wow, I should really buy a "Beachcomber Hat" to wear on our walks when it is chilly. Duh. I am an idiot. I am knitter.. why not knit myself one? I am so quick to knit for others, but not for myself. This is on my needles right now! It will be too chilly to walk tomorrow, but I hope to have this ready for Thursday when it is warmer.


Well, I will leave you with one last picture from our adventure today. My happy beach bum!!!


AND..... this is my 100th post this year!!! YAY me!!!!!

Tootles!
:) JKP


No comments: