Monday, December 12, 2011

Snowman Enchilada Soup

Hey Y'all!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy during this busy holiday season! Many of my students have been sick with one virus or another and I keep saying.. HAND SANITIZER!!! We still have this entire week of school plus Monday AND Tuesday next week. Lord help me! I am so ready for some time off to spend with friends and family! Everyday I come home and Pitty Pat and I turn on our Christmas trees. We love to look at the lights, turn on the fire place and watch a good Christmas movie!

It has finally turned cold here, well for a few days anyway, so I thought I would share a recipe I tried about a month ago. This soup is creamy and has a bit of a kick to it! But it is very quick to make and feels great in a tummy on a cold day!

I got this recipe off of the Kraft website.. it's original name is Santa Fe Enchilada Soup.. but I am really wishing for some snow (see miraculous events) so I wanted to use snowman in my version!

Here's what you will need for Snowman Enchilada Soup


1 lb.boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (not pictured, still in the fridge)
1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme (this stuff is AWESOME!)
1 cup milk
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed
1 can (11 oz.) corn with red and green bell peppers, drained (This is Mexicorn in the corn aisle)
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional right now... especially with the recall.)
 
Start by cooking chicken in a skillet for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Make sure to spray your skillet with nonstick cooking spray first!
 

After chicken has finished cooking stir in the cooking creme, milk, corn, beans and tomatoes. Stir and simmer on medium/low heat for 6 to 8 minutes.






 
 
Make sure the soup is heated thoroughly. Serve the soup with a side of tortilla chips and cilantro.
Enjoy!!!!! :)
 
 
Also, you may have noticed I have a new widget on the ol' blog! I am back to trying to walk my 10,000 steps a day and I thought y'all might like to see my progress! I have found that the weekends are hard, but the school days seem to be easy! My steps include 3 Pitty Pat walks, trips around school, errands and usually some sort of exercise walk. Let's hope I can keep this up!
 
I have also updated my Reads From the Beach Chair.. I love to read stories that take place during Christmas during this time of year!
 
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: