Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April! And, A New Recipe! That's No Foolin'!

Hey Y'all!

I hope everyone had a great Easter yesterday. It was a very nice day. We went to early mass, got in a few walks with Pitty Pat, had a super yummy lunch with Uncle Richard at Olive Garden and I even got in a great nap. So. It was a great day!

It was so nice to sleep in this morning and enjoy my coffee while watching Good Morning America. I only have a few things to take care of today. After errands I plan on catching up on Young and the Restless and getting some reading in. Our high is supposed to be 70 today, so I hope I can get some reading on the back patio in!

I also have a simple new recipe to share! I can't take credit for this one! I happened to see it on a TV commercial several weeks ago and immediately knew I had to make it. This recipe is from Pillsbury and it is for Unsloppy Joes. And let's just say, who doesn't enjoy a sloppy joe? They are so yummy, but so messy too! This takes out the messiness!

Here's how to make Unsloppy Joes...
(Sorry I didn't take an ingredients photo.. my Blackberry was on life support at this time!)

1 can 15 oz can of Manwich sauce
1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained (you can use the beef you like, lean just works better with my tummy)
1 tsp chili powder (you can omit this, I did. Chili and my tummy do not get along.)
1 can of Grands refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375

All you have to do is brown your beef, drain it and mix with the Manwich sauce. You can add the chili powder if you want. Let this mixture simmer for 5 minutes.

While  your beef is simmering, take the biscuits out of their tube. Flatten each biscuit until it is about the size of your hand. About 6 inches. Scoop about 1/3 of your beef mixture into each biscuit. Add about a tablespoon of cheese to each biscuit with the beef mixture. Then fold each biscuit in half and crimp the out side with your fingers. To make sure it is really sealed, you can use a fork too.




Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 14 minutes until golden brown.



I served mine with a side of sour cream and it was DELISH! This is one of those dinners that you always keep the ingredients on hand for.. it is so quick and easy!

Anyhoo! I am off to enjoy the rest of my day! I hope you have a great one!
Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: