Thursday, April 4, 2013

Movie Review Thursday!

 

Hey Y’all!

I am getting ready to leave for Charleston in just a few minutes, but I wanted to squeeze in some quick movie reviews!

Yesterday I had the chance to go and see GI Joe: Retaliation. Y’all know I love a good action movie, and this one does deliver. However, if you are going to see this movie because Channing Tatum is in it, let me warn you he is only in the first 15 minutes of the movie. After that it becomes “The Rock” action adventure movie. So, if he is not one of your favorites, then you may want to wait until the DVD comes out.  One neat scene in the movie takes place in South Carolina at Fort Sumter. Obviously this was an “enhanced” Fort Sumter because there is no bridge that runs beside Fort Sumter. This movie is a great action movie, but there were several scenes in the movie that I felt were straight out of other recent action movies. During the previews there was a glimpse of the upcoming Red 2. If you saw the first Red and loved it, then there are a few scenes in GI Joe that will remind you of that movie. The second Red looks to be a hoot! Overall I give GI Joe a solid B.

One of the best movies I have seen so far in 2013 has to be Olympus Has Fallen. This movie promises big ACTION and SUSPENSE and it delivers. Yesterday during the previews I saw a movie that looks to be similar to this and it is White House Down. That one is based on a book, which you know I will have to read! Anyway, back to Olympus Has Fallen. It is a great movie and it never loses pace. You are kept on the edge of your seat throughout. I loved it. I give Olympus Has Fallen a solid A!!!!!

Alrighty. It is time for me to hit the road. Say some prayers for safe travels, the weather is very nasty today. Charleston is not picnic to drive in when the weather is great, so I am not looking forward to today. Also, let’s hope the ol’ GI doc does not want to put me on prednisone. Ewww.

I’ll post more when I get back!

Tootles!

JKP

No comments: