Thursday, April 23, 2009

MYRTLE BEACH IS ON FIRE!!!!

Hey Y 'all,


Well, if you have been watching the national or local news, you know that Myrtle Beach is on fire. When I was driving home from school yesterday, I saw a wall of smoke that made my heart stop. Here's some pics from yesterday and today.






Several schools in my school district do not have school tomorrow. The school that I teach at is 1 mile from the ocean, so we are safe. My mom is bunking at my house because all of the roads that go to her house are closed. Her house isn't in danger, but two of the teachers that I teach with live in "the hot zone." They say that the fires could last for weeks because of the dense vegetation that we have here in Horry County. We need a good soaking rain and aren't scheduled for one anytime soon.

My house is OK. The closest fire is about 15 miles from me, so I think my neighborhood will be fine.

I'll post more later... I've got to get on the phone for a conference call in California for this conference I am going to in July. SEND RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) JKP

No comments: