Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Think That My Dog is Way Smarter Than I am....

Hey Y'all,

Well, I have gotten to that point in my life, where my dog is now smarter than me. I think this has been coming on for a while, but over the past few days it has really become apparent that my dog is WAY smarter than me!

Zorro has always been able to tell time. For instance, I can tell him that I need to get up early for school and to wake me up at 5:30. Lo and behold, he does! Zorro also knows that most days I come home from school about 4 or 4:30. He waits for me at the door. Zorro takes his medicine every night at 8:00. Promptly at 8:00 EVERY night he begins to paw me.

Zorro knows that when I take an egg out of the refrigerator, that I am about to make his food and he does the happy dance. When I put on a certain pair of flip flops, he KNOWS that it is walk time.

Zorro can also change the channel on the TV remote. Most days I leave the TV on the Weather Channel or CBS. When I come home, it is usually on QVC. Zorro also knows how to use his paw to turn on the electric lap blanket I keep on my sofa. Most days I come home and it is on low or medium. He turns it on high for Zoe.

Zorro can also dial the phone. He has called my mom several times. Sometimes he just sits on the phone so no one can call us!

Zorro can remember every house that has ever, and I mean ever given him a dog treat. When we walk, he stops at each one to see if they are home!

Anyway, I am scared to turn my back on him at this point... there's no telling when he is planning a coup!!!!
:) JKP

No comments: