Monday, May 18, 2009

Hmmmm...It Can't Be That Time of Year Already.....



Lookie loo.....Yup folks. It's that time of year already...except it's not. The Atlantic Hurricane season officially starts on June 1st. At last check, today was May 18th. I have been watching the GOES radar over the weekend and choked on my cereal yesterday when I saw this little formation. It has the counter-clockwise spin and a small eye. However, the NHC says it has about a 30% chance of actually becoming a storm. I don't like those odds, considering IT HAS FORMED IN MAY! My best guestimate is that the water is too cold. It is freezing here today, only in the 50's so hopefully that will ward off any storms. Curious to see if you name is on the List of Hurricane names for 2009? All I can say is folks, batten down the hatches in 2010. Julia is on the list!

p.s. for those of you who don't know, I LOVE THE WEATHER. I check the National Hurricane Center daily to look at the satellite. I even do a huge unit on hurricanes with my kids at the end of the year. I do it more for safety. I remember was I was in 1st grade and Beaufort got hit with Hurricane David. Then of course, who can forget HUGO. Vivid memories folks!

Let the hurricane tracking begin!

JKP

No comments: