Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hot Off the Needles

Hey Y'all,

Whoo whee.. have my knitting needles been a flyin' these days! Here's one project hot off of the needles for a baby shower for a teacher on my third grade team who is expecting her second child. We are having her shower tomorrow. This sweater is from the pattern "Pretty Baby Sweater." I think that next time I will use smaller needles. The thing about knitting for babies is that you want to use a yarn that the Mommy can just throw in the washer and not have to think twice about. Most baby yarns are cotton or acrylic and are good for this. I went with Caron's Simply Soft for this sweater. All in all I am pleased with it, although I did have a few times when I wanted to pull my hair out! Anyhoo, I hope the mom to be and the baby enjoy it!






Yesterday I found out that I am going to be teaching 1st grade during summer school! I am excited about this, I miss working with my babies! It will also be a nice break from the big kiddos! Yesterday I sat through TWO three hour meetings. I got home about 6:45 p.m. and my brain was FRIED! Oh well, I am going to bed early tonight to make up for it!
Don't forget, if I haven't updated the blog, check out the Twitter sidebar on the right hand side of the blog. I "mini" blog everyday through Twitter so you can still know what I am up too!
Toodles!
:) JKP

No comments: