Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We All Scream For Ice Cream! And... Some of Us Bark Too!

Hey Y'all,

Well, I survived the first day of testing. I can say that there were no surprises on the test. I taught my standards and my standards were on the test. My children however, left their thinking caps at home today. It wasn't pretty.

Anyhoo.... I have decided that a little "ice cream therapy" is in order for this evening. I have never really been an ice cream fan until recently. Of course there is my whole tummy issue, but besides that, ice cream is COLD. When I was little, my family and I went to Wilmington, NC for the day shopping at the market. While we were there, we visited an ice cream store that had Blueberry Cheesecake ice cream. I had that yummy goodness in a waffle cone, and y'all.... I still remember it to this day and this happened almost 25 years ago!!! So, I really became a fan of Blueberry cheesecake ice cream that day. I don't like to buy ice cream at the store, because it tastes store bought. I don't like TCBY or Baskin Robbins. But, the other day, I had a hankering for some ice cream. We have Bruster's Ice Cream near my house, so I dropped by for a taste. Low and behold, THEY HAD BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM!!!! HOLY CRAP WAS IT YUMMY!!!!! So, I have a new addiction and a new place to visit. Now Bruster's doesn't have blueberry cheesecake everyday, so I have had to find a new way to have this yumminess in my life. A few years ago, my mom gave me a Cuisinart Ice Cream, Sorbet and Frozen Yogurt maker. So I have been trolling the internets for blueberry cheesecake ice cream recipes. I have found a few, and I think I am going to try them this weekend.
Also, snaps for Bruster's. When I take the Z-man with me for my treat... he gets a vanilla dog sundae complete with doggie biscuit for free. Don't worry, no chocolate for Z. So now, he barks for ice cream. Actually, he has for a while. My mom got him addicted a few years ago!

I am off for some yummy goodness!!!
:) JKP

No comments: