Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos... Crockpot Style!

Hey Y'all!

I have been in paper writing mode for a few days now! I am so tired of writing papers. I am almost to the point where I don't even want to see my computer any more! But, I figured a blog post WITH a recipe would cheer me up tremendously! I submitted all SEVEN projects that are due on Sunday last night. I also went ahead and completed one of the projects I have due next week. So I figure that gives me today and tomorrow off.. just in time to go and hang at the beach! I also think that it is a crying shame that Friday was national flip flop day, and I had school work to do. Whah, whah, whah!


In true JKP fashion, this recipe is TASTY, CROCKPOTISH and EASY to throw together!
To make Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos you will need:





1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 jar of 24 oz mild or medium salsa (your choice!)
The juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Oh, how I LOVE cilantro!
4 boneless chicken breasts

Combine the entire jar of salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice and the cilantro in a bowl. Mix well.


Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning mixture over the chicken.


Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3.

About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the crockpot. Shred into pieces. Place shredded chicken back into crock pot and mix well.

When ready, scoop chicken into taco shells and top with sour cream. DEVOUR.



p.s. You don't have to shred the chicken, you can serve the chicken breast whole, but I love adding it to a taco shell! You could also serve this in a tortilla bowl and make a salad out of it too!


Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: