Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Fun!

Hey Y'all!

Well, I am two projects and one final away from finishing up my Summer 1 class! I did a lot of work this weekend. I am trying to stay off of my foot as much as possible. It is still bothering me, even after the first cortisone shot. I have been sleeping in my boot every night so hopefully with this next shot I will be even better! I will have to say, it is VERY nice to not be in constant pain.

Last week while perusing my favorite author's  (Karen White) Facebook page, I realized that she was going to have a book signing in Pawleys Island! So last Friday I headed down to Litchfield Books to pick up her newest book, Sea Change. It was a pleasure meeting Karen and she was so happy to talk to each one of us who came to the book signing! I like authors who enjoy meeting their readers. Karen is very down to Earth and entertained us with stories of her fans! Unintentionally several of us dressed in the colors of her book cover. Karen took a picture of us for her Facebook page!


After Karen signed my book, we posed for a photo too!


So that was my excitement for the last week! :) It has been too hot and cloudy to make it to the beach, so I have been working on my classwork instead. I am hoping once I get these last two projects out of the way and tackle the final, I can resume my lazy summer!

Last but not least, one of my projects that I had to do for my class was to "edit" a photo in Photoshop. The trick was, YOU had to be in the photo. So I had to go through the archives of Julia and Pitty Pat photos. The one I worked on is about two years old, but I think it turned out cute!


I am off to get some work finished for my class! Or maybe I will catch up on Facebook and Twitter! I don't have a lot of will to work this morning!
:) Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: