Monday, June 4, 2012

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round, Round and Round..

Hey Y'all,

Well! It's officially summer! And guess what I am doing?????


If you guessed going back to school... then winner, winner chicken dinner for YOU!!!

Yes, I am going back to school to work on the ol' Masters Degree. I am starting slow. After 15 years of teaching, you think I would have found the time to finish up ALL of my graduate work. But, no. This past semester I had a practicum teaching student in my classroom. When you host a practicum student, you earn a free class from Coastal Carolina. So I poked around the summer schedule for a technology class that I might want to take. I found out that Coastal has an add on certification for Online Teaching that I would like to add to my teaching certificate. All of these classes also count towards a Master's degree in Instructional Technology. So. Bob's your uncle and I'm going back to school.

I am a wee bit nervous. I am almost 40 and I am not as snappy as those 20 year olds. But one thing I have going for me is that I have taught this class that I am taking for The Citadel. So, it shouldn't be too bad! :)

I have several days until my class starts next Monday. We only meet once a week for two hours and then the rest of the class is online. So, I plan to have some fun between now and then!

My best friend Marie is coming for a visit tomorrow and we have LOTS of fun planned. I just hope that the weather stays nice. We have had some rain and storms over the past few days.

Anyhoo. That's what I am up to. That and I bought some more yarn. Maybe I will cast on tomorrow, maybe not. But I am thinking I have found my knitting mojo once again.

Tootles!
:) JKP

p.s. Pitty Pat wanted me to add that he just got a bath AND he is NOT happy about it. I tried to explain to him that rolling on a dead frog has consequences. I think I better sleep on the sofa tonight.

No comments: