Friday, June 8, 2012

Go Forth and Dip! Crockpot French Dippies!

Hey Y'all!!

I know it has been a while since I posted a recipe.... AND this one has BFF Marie's seal of approval!
I have made this recipe a few times and it is always a big hit. My best friend Marie has been visiting this week and boy have we been busy! Yesterday we planned to spend the day on the beach and we wanted something yummy for supper, but we were tired of eating out. Enter Crockpot French Dippies. Easy, peasy with big yummy results! I found this recipe on Pinterest!

To make Crockpot French Dippies you will need....


1 Pot Roast or Rump roast. This week Food Lion has rump roast on sale. For last night's recipe, I used a tried and true pot roast. But in the pictures a rump roast was used. Either one works great!
1 packet of Onion Soup Mix
1 can of Beef Broth
Deli Rolls
Mozzarella Cheese
*This is not a messy recipe, but since you want to make sure you save all of the au jous.. if you use a slow cooker saver liner, it will be easier to collect the au jus at the end for dipping! I have made this recipe with and without the liner... no biggy if you don't have one.


Now. Get ready. This is hard! Combine the beef broth and onion soup packet in a zippy bag. Make sure it is mixed well. Then add your roast. Make sure it is really covered. Now, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake... shake your booty. :) That's Pitty Pat's FAVORITE song!


Then dump the entire contents in your zippy bag into your Crockpot. Set it on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Then. Go shopping. Go to the beach. Whatever. When you return.... your house will SMELL SO GOOD!!!

Right before you are ready to eat, pull the roast out of the Crockpot. Now, this may be difficult because at this point, the roast is so juicy and tender, it will fall apart when you place a fork in it! Shred all of the meat. You have my permission to pick and eat the meat at this point. You won't be able to resist!



Once the meat is shredded, let it hang out for a few minutes. Cut your deli rolls in half lengthwise and place your rolls in the toaster and toast them well. While the bread is toasting.. drain the juice from the Crockpot into individual serving dishes.

Once the bread is toasted, place the shredded meat on top of the roll. I added mozzarella cheese on top. Place the top on the roll and then cut in half. Plate the sandwich, and don't forget the divine au jus!!!



Go forth and dip my friends!!!!



I hope y'all have a great day! I am heading back to the beach.. if I stay here all day I will be fetching tennis balls under furniture all day!

Tootles!
:) JKP

No comments: