Sunday, August 24, 2008

Apparently I am a Freak of Nature... and I Have the Ability to Draw Large Crowds!

Hey Y'all!

Well I am enjoying my last summer night. I can't believe that I start with a new group of munchkins tomorrow! I am really starting to miss my old class! I had them trained so well!

On the leg front, things have gotten worse. Yesterday I went and worked at school from about 9 until about 1:30. I came home, applied heat to my leg and took a nap. Zorro and I then took a drive up north and met Mom, Aunt Brenda and Uncle Richard for dinner at Carrabas. YUM-O. I actually had a Caesar salad (one of my very favorite things!) with my dinner! Way to go tummy! Anyway, after dinner, Mom and I did some errand running. We picked up some last minute stuff for school and then we went to The Dairy Hut for a treat. I haven't been there all summer! It was nice to enjoy an ice cream treat and then go and walk in the sand! By the time we got back to Mom's house, my entire leg was swollen and I was in a lot of pain. I headed home, took some meds and went to sleep. Today I tried to stay off of my leg as much as possible. Because, tomorrow, I am going to have to stand ALL day! It still hurts, but it is not as swollen today. I just ran to the grocery store.... I forgot to change out of my shorts....and while I was there some guy yelled.... "What is wrong with your leg? What a bad burn! Wait, that's not a burn.. what is that thing?" I swear and THEN... I have a crowd start to form around me! It was creepy scary. Note to self. Cover leg with bermudas or pants at all times! Good Times! The docs are trying to get me in with a dermatologist to take a look at this thing to find out if it really is Crohn's related. So, instead of being able to focus all of my attention on school this week, it looks like I am going to be dealing with this thing too!

I also took some time out and went to see The House Bunny today. It was so cute and funny! If you want a laugh, check this movie out! If you were in a sorority in college, you will really appreciate it too!

Well, I am off to get my beauty sleep for tomorrow. I have to get up at 5:30... All teachers have to report at 6:45 tomorrow..... Uggg. Where are my days of sleeping late?????????
:) JKP

No comments: