Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yummy in My Tummy!!!

Hey Y'all!


Well, I did a little re-con this morning and took a drive to school. Let's just say, I have no idea how we are going to be ready for school to open! Our school is under MAJOR construction right now and it is a HOLY MESS! On a lighter note, I can actually get into my portable now, so I will be going in tomorrow and getting a head start on my room.

I made Paula Deen's wonderful peach cobbler last night! It was fantastic! To start you need about 4 cups of fresh peaches. I learned a little trick about peaches to make their skin come off quickly instead of peeling them. If you boil a pot of water, turn off the heat and place the peaches in the pot for 30 seconds, then put the peaches in an ice/water bath for a minute or so, the skin of the peach literally rubs off with your fingers. Then you can slice them up!

Here are my peaches, with cup of sugar and a cup and a half of water. You bring this mixture to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.







My yummy simmering peaches!! My house smelled so yummy!











While the peaches are simmering, you make a batter with sugar, milk and self rising flour. You slowly mix all of these together. Pour the batter into a 3 quart dish. When the peaches are done, you add them and then carefully pour the peach "syrup" on top of the fruit. The batter will rise to the top as the cobbler bakes.











Into the oven it goes, 350 for about 35 minutes.















Out of the oven, warm and bubbly!





On the way to my tummy!

This recipe was very easy and the results were fantastic! I admit, I even had this for breakfast this morning!
Cheers!
:) JKP

No comments: