Thursday, June 5, 2008

And The Merriment Continues.....

Hey Y'all,

Well, I made it out of the mound of boxes in my classroom! Packed classroom, check. End of the year checklist, check, check. Ready for summer vacation, check, check, check!!!!
Today we had a half day with the kids and then they went home at 12. So from 12 until about 4 I packed up my room. I was going to be all methodical about it, but let me tell you, I just wanted to get it done! I'll try and remember to take a photo tomorrow, but one whole wall is just boxes and stacks of books. I think I will be having fun in August trying to remember where everything goes! I had high hopes of doing some organizing, but I am out of steam. I think the end of the year just does that to you! Tomorrow is the last day!!!!!!!!!! We have a luncheon once the kiddo's leave and then I go back Saturday to get "checked out" hand in my gradebook, paperwork, etc. Then it's really OVER!!

It's still teacher appreciation week, and today I received some more surprises! I got a gift card to Barnes and Noble, a beautiful bracelet and earrings and, hee, hee, a spa set from one of my more "active" children. All which will be put to good use next week!

I keep talking like I have the whole summer with nothing to do. That's actually really far from the truth! I have a few days off next week, then I teach some technology classes for a week, then I have a teacher academy thingie to go to the next week. I have the week of July 4th off, and then on July 7th I start a class that goes until July 31st. I have the first few days of August off, and then it's back to school. I think I totaled it up and I only have about 10 days off this summer. Oh well, at least I am doing stuff that I enjoy!

Well, Zorro is barking at me. I am trying to get him to understand that when it is 90 degrees out he can't go for a walk. He just looks at me like I am nuts and barks louder. In my next life, I am coming back as a dog!

:) JKP

No comments: