Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My.Head.HURTS!!

Hey Y'all,

Sorry I took a mini blog break, but I had some things come up over the weekend. This past year, one of my students was faced with a parent who was critically ill with cancer. I was so worried all year long that I was going to get THE CALL, but luckily, we made it through the school year. However, on Thursday afternoon, I got THE CALL and ended up spending time with my student and his family over the weekend and attending the funeral. It was so heartbreaking, the dad was only 28. This was the first funeral I have been to since Joy's so it was very hard and brought back alot of sad memories. However, I knew that I had to go and be there for Austen, because when you are 8, it means something to have your teacher give you a hug on one of the worst days of your life.

I don't know if it was the stress of the funeral, or all of those memories, but I had a migrane hit me on Sunday and it has refused to leave! I think it has something to do with "The Pumpkin Incident" a week ago, (see "There's a GOOSE EGG On My Head" below) but I am not sure. I have been really dizzy and in a lot of pain. I finally took a pain pill tonight because Tylenol was not working. Although I still have my headache, the pain has eased a little, and I no longer feel like I am going to throw up. My neck and shoulders are killing me because of the way I have been holding my head. I think I will have another pain pill around 10 to see if I can't get this bugger to go away.

This week I have been working, although, not for pay! Every year my school district puts on an "academy" to showcase new things we are going to implement in our classrooms during the next school year. I went last year, and I must say last year's academy was much better. I left everyday excited about what I had seen and couldn't wait to try these new things in my classroom. Sadly, this year it is not like that. Maybe it is the killer migrane that has put a damper on it this year. However, it has been fun hanging out with my friends from school though. :)

I found a new gadget called http://www.goodreads.com/ that I am going to start using to post reads from the beach chair later on this week. I haven't been reading as much this week due to my pounding head, but I think you will like this new gadget on the blog. Hopefully it will be up on Friday.

Well, I am going to lay my head down and see if I can come up with some kind of mantra to make my head stop hurting. I got some movies from Netflix in the mail today and I have started watching Season 1 of Army Wives from Lifetime TV. Seriously, if you have not watched this show, you need to. It rocks! I kind of got hooked on it midway last year and through re-runs and I love it. I also got Definitely, Maybe and The Spiderwick Chronicles. I am actually waiting to watch Spiderwick until I finish the book. It's the stupid "Julia" rule about always reading the book BEFORE I watch the movie. I guess that is the teacher in me!!
Alrighty, please do the "Make Her Head Stop Hurting" dance for me tonight!
:) Jules

No comments: