Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer TV Watchin'

Hey Y'all!


Well, it turns out that my hunch was right and my horrible migraine was a warning for a dizzy spell. I have been on my medication since Thursday and no headache in sight! Yipppeeee! The one nasty side effect that I do get from this medicine is that my hands and feet tingle like I am constantly being poked with tiny needles. I have found that if I drink orange juice that it helps, but it is still a pain. So I haven't been able to do any crafting-but that's OK too! Zorro and I have been playing "dodge the thunderstorm" this weekend. We have had quite a few this weekend. We had a strong one last night and then a few more this afternoon. But, my grass is really green! Zorro is really missing his walks though.



So anyway! Summer is one of my favorite times to watch TV. When I was little, it used to all be re-runs, but with the invention of cable, I must say that summer TV is now my favorite thing to watch during the year. I have a few shows that I wait patiently for all during the year, and then during the summer I have to make sure my DVR is set! Here are a few that I am currently addicted to... Check them out!
My Boys on TBS. Y'all, I started watching this show last year. It is so cute and it appeals to everyone. It's basically about a girl who hangs out with a bunch of guys and they play poker. Oh, and they figure out life together too. You can catch past episodes online. This show never fails to crack me up when I need a laugh.
Burn Notice on USA. Oh. My. God. That is all I am going to say. I was reading an article in USA Today on Thursday and they compared this show to Magnum P.I. Now, if you know me, you know that Magnum is one of my favorite shows of all time. Burn Notice is right up there. There's also a little bit of MacGyver thrown in too. Season 1 is now out on DVD and Season 2 starts on July 10th. This show is about an ex-spy who is trying to figure out who "burned" him and why he is an "ex-spy." To keep himself fed and well, designer dressed, he does these odd jobs to make money. Sharon Gless from Cagney and Lacey plays the Mom and she is hysterical.
The Closer on TNT. Hello. Y'all know me. A southern belle in charge of something? LOVE THIS SHOW! I was hooked on it the moment I started watching in 2005. That year was hard, because I had to make sure my flight got me in my hotel room so I could catch "The Closer." Great show. Wonderful story lines. I can never figure out who did what. Last season wasn't as good, but I still enjoyed it. This year I have heard rumors on the internets about possible mean characters coming back and Brenda actually making it to the altar. The one thing I love that this show does is offer a 2 hour show in December! The new season starts July 14th and Season 3 comes out on DVD Tuesday!
Army Wives on Lifetime. I am finally all caught up on Season 1 and catching Season 2 on Sunday nights. I have blogged about this show before, and it is really good! Check it out!
Alrighty, it has stopped raining for now and my furry child wants a walk. NOW. As if to prove his point, he is tapping his paw on the floor. Seriously.
:) JKP

No comments: