Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert

Hey Y'all,

As many of you are just finding out, we lost a great American today. I am so shocked and saddened by the news that we lost Tim Russert. Being the political junkie that I am, I enjoyed watching Tim grill folks on Meet the Press on Sundays and I loved watching him breakdown the election process for folks who just couldn't understand what a "super delegate" was. He was great to watch on election night because he was like a kid on Christmas Eve. I really think he helped Americans understand our democratic process and why it is so important for us to take an active part in it. I am sad that he won't get to experience our election night this year, I have a feeling it is going to be one for the record books.
I think one way we can all honor Tim and his dedication to the American democratic process is by taking time the time to vote in November. Explain to others why it is so important. We need to take the time and explain to our children why taking a role in our government's future is so important. He would have loved that.

JKP

No comments: