Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th Of July Everyone!!

Hi Y'all!

I absolutely LOVE the 4th of July. It is one of my very favorite holidays. I guess you could call me a history buff, but I love all that the 4th of July stands for. Love of Country. The Red, White and Blue. I love it. I think I also enjoy it because it is warm and everyone is so laid back. No presents to buy, no grand feast to prepare. All you need is a grill, some meat, some corn, watermelon, ice cream and fireworks. That is my kind of holiday! I am heading to a B-B- Q later on this afternoon. I can't eat BBQ yet, but I think I will partake with some potato salad and some baked beans. I am bringing a Key Lime pie. Now, don't get your hopes up, this one is from Costco, and boy is it yummy! It's to hot to entertain any thoughts of putting my kitchen to good use!

Last night a friend and I went to eat at Chili's. I love to eat here, but many folks don't. I had a gift card that I have been meaning to use and I tried something very yummy to the tummy! I couldn't eat it all, but next time you go you have to try the Buffalo Chicken Fajitas. Yumo-O! It is kind of like buffalo chicken with blue cheese. I am a lover of all things blue cheese! These fajitas were great! We followed up our dinner with the White Chocolate Molten Cake. You must try this. There are not enough words or adjectives to describe how yummy this was! Good thing I was able to share it! My tummy was very full, but very happy.

Enjoy the rest of the 4th! Eat lots of hamburgers for me!
:) JKP

No comments: