Sunday, July 27, 2008

Movie Review Sunday!

Hey Y'all!

Well, something odd happened around here this weekend. Oh, no.. no more bears. I actually went to see two movies. Folks, that is something that hasn't happened in a while! Of course, I knew that on July 25th I was going to be in a movie theatre watching The X-Files.. I mean any true die hard fan was. Let's just say... and I won't spoil it for you... but the movie lacked certain X-Files plot elements that I like to have. There are no aliens in this movie (unlike the first one) and to me, that really is what makes the X-Files, the X-Files. This was more like one of their monster episodes. Yes it is gory, and quite gross... but I'll take aliens any day. I think if I wasn't so overjoyed to actually see Mulder and Scully on screen again, I might not have really liked the movie. But, because they were back and working a case it was fine. But, I do have to say.. they have had forever to make this movie and this is the best they could come up with? Do stay until the last credit has rolled, there is a surprise.

The other movie I went to see this weekend (we had very cloudy skies this weekend, I finally got some sun today) was Mama Mia. This is a great Saturday afternoon film. It is light, fluffy and you will find yourself tapping your toes to all of the ABBA tunes too. I never knew Colin Firth could sing, though... so go see this if you want to be in a good mood afterwards. Also, if you are sitting in the movie and you think Sophie looks familiar.. she does. She was in Mean Girls. I had a hard time focusing on her character after I remembered she was the not so bright Karen in Mean Girls. It was hard to take her seriously from that point on! But you will enjoy the movie!

Alrighty.. I am still working on my big writing project that is due Tuesday. I've gotten a little more written. Zorro does not like me sitting here on the sofa working. I think he has secret plans for the laptop later. Oh, no... we may have our own "X-File" around here tomorrow!
:) JKP

No comments: